Friday 31 October 2014

Early bird hiking up Lions Head

When I heard my alarm at 4:15 am I already regretted my over zeal from the day before.

It was pitch-black outside, just 17 degree and not even the birds started singing. 30 min later after I had a shower, I hold a cup of coffee in my hands and met my friends at the bottom of Lions Head.

Finally my energy was awake.
With a good mood and a thrill of anticipation we hiked up the mountain until reached the top 40 min later.

5:50 am.
Sweaty but happy, we were standing shoulder to shoulder waiting for the sunrise. Suddenly the red fireball slide forward behind the Table Mountain and made the 12 Apostles as well as Camps Bay looked like glowing.

It was an unforgettable experience and lots of fun.
And it is totally worth it waking up at 4:15 am!
Nadine Weidner - Trainee

 

No comments:

Post a Comment